Who May Perform Marriage Ceremonies in Nebraska
Nebraska State Statute 42-108 states, "Every judge, retired judge, clerk magistrate, or retired clerk magistrate, and every preacher of the gospel authorized by the usages of the church to which he or she belongs to solemnize marriages, may perform the marriage ceremony in this state."
The following retired judges are available for those desiring a civil ceremony at a location of your choice:
- Judge Mark Buchholz - (402)489-3140
- Judge Daniel Beckwith - (402)953-8792 or email@example.com
- Judge Ted Vrana - (402)488-0316
Other judges who perform marriage ceremonies include:
- Judge Gale Pokorny - (402)441-8988 (you may need to leave a voicemail message). Judge Pokorny performs ceremonies at the Hall of Justice at 575 S. 10th Street, 2nd Floor, Lincoln, NE.
- Judge Laurie Yardley - (402)730-3839 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Judge Yardley performs ceremonies after 5:00 pm on weekdays or on weekends.
- Judge John Hoffert - (402)471-3512 or email@example.com. Judge Hoffert performs ceremonies after 5:00 pm on weekdays or on weekends.
- Judge Laureen Van Norman - (402)471-3600
PLEASE NOTE: An appointment must be made with any of these Judges prior to your wedding and a fee will be charged.