Juvenile Substance Abuse
The Juvenile Substance Abuse Action Coalition (SAAC) is a group of treatment providers and juvenile justice professionals that address the problems surrounding juveniles with mental health and substance abuse issues.
General Purpose Statement: To remove barriers to the successful management of juvenile offenders with substance use issues and provide youth and their families' maximum support to overcome these issues.
- To increase communication among treatment programs, criminal justice agencies, schools and parents and increase the education of families regarding treatment for these youth
- To decrease the number of youth with treatment issues that are involved with the criminal justice system by increasing access to the appropriate level of treatment
- To decrease the barriers and difficulties families face
- To decrease the funding barriers for treatment
- SCIP Expansion Program
- Funding for Treatment
- Assessment Center Evaluations