Disproportionate Minority Contacts
The Disproportionate Minority Contact Committee (DMC) is a group of community based and juvenile justice professionals who review data concerning the number of minority youth in the juvenile justice system. This committee identifies and reduces gaps in prevention and intervention services for underserved and underrepresented youth through data collection and case management, promoting and supporting culturally-relevant, evidence bases programming.
General Purpose Statement: To reduce the over-representation of minority youth in the juvenile justice system at every level of the system.
- Identify and reduce gaps in prevention and intervention services for underserved and underrepresented youth.
- Promote awareness.
- Promote and support relevant evidence bases programming.
- To decrease the funding barriers for treatment
- Latino Information Fair
- English-Spanish booklet of community programs for youth
- Juvenile Justice Brochure translated to Spanish and Vietnamese
- Juvenile Justice flowchart translated to Spanish
- Minority rate data collection and annual report
- Collaboration with El Centro de las Americas and Lincoln Public Schools to develop grants for culture-specific diversion and truancy programming for Latino and Native American Youth
Sara Hoyle, Juvenile Justice Coordinator
Phone: (402) 441 - 8495