Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for service?
- Call or come to the main office at 2201 S 17th St during business hours. A counselor will talk to you about your concerns and direct you to the service that will meet your needs.
- How much will it cost?
- Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance is accepted. A discounted fee is available to persons who meet guidelines according to state and federal standards, as allowable by law.
- Where can I find you?
- The Community Mental Health Center of Lancaster County is located at 2201 S 17th St, between the Sun Mart food store at 16th & South Streets and the BryanLGH West Medical Center.
- What are the responsiblities of the Community Mental Health Office?
- The Community Mental Health Center is a comprehensive mental health center which provides outpatient therapy and emergency mental health services. The center also offers services to mentally ill adults.
- Are you a city agency?
- No. The Community Mental Health Center of Lancaster County (CMHC) is a county agency providing accredited mental health services for adults in Lancaster County
- Who do you serve?
- The Community Mental Health Center is dedicated to providing quality mental health care and rehabilitation services for adults in Lancaster County who experience acute psychological distress or serious mental illness.
- What are your hours?
Monday & Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.- 7:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Monday & Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Where do you get your funding?
- Community Mental Health Center is funded in part by the State of Nebraska, Federal, Region V Systems and County Funds.
- Are you accredited by any group?
- The Community Mental Health Center is accredited by CARF - the Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission
- Crisis Intervention Program is approved by American Association of Suicidology
If you have a question, please call us at: 402 441-7940