Commissioners' Award of Excellence
The County Commissioners' Award of Excellence recognizes employees who consistently provide outstanding service and work that demonstrates exemplary personal commitment to the County.
- Eligibility: All employees are eligible except Agency Heads and Appointed Deputies. Individual employees are eligible for monthly or annual awards.
- Nomination Procedure: Employees may be nominated by supervisors, contemporaries, subordinates, and the general public. Nominations shall be submitted by completing the County Commissioners' Award of Excellence Form. Nomination forms will be available from Agency Heads, the County Commissioners' office, employee bulletin boards or the County Commissioners' Website. Additional supporting documentation such as correspondence relating to the employee's performance by other County employees may be attached. All nominations must be signed by the employee's Agency Head or appropriate designee. Said signature indicates that the nomination has been validated. Nominations that are not validated must be returned to the person submitting the nomination within fifteen (15) days. All completed nomination forms need to be returned to the Lincoln-Lancaster County Human Resources Department by the first day of the month following the month's award.
- Nomination Criteria: Employees may be nominated for the award based on any of the following criteria:
- Safety: Practices safety on the job and promotes and encourages others to do the same.
- Productivity: Always gives the best of oneself and encourages and promotes co-workers to perform their best.
- Loss Prevention: Demonstrates wise use of County resources and makes recommendations that result in substantial savings to the County outside the normal course of expected job functions.
- Customer Relations: Represents the County with a positive attitude, takes pride in one's work, and encourages co-workers to do the same.
- Valor: Performs an act of bravery above and beyond the call of duty.
*Nominations in any of the above criteria shall be based upon service or work that occurs during the employee's work hours.
- Award Selection Process: All validated nominations will be reviewed by the Commissioner's Award of Excellence Committee members when four (4) or more members are present. The committee may select no more than one (1) individual based on the selection criteria per month. Nominees will be eligible for four (4) consecutive months. Employees will not be able to receive the monthly awarded more than once in any consecutive twelve (12) months. The Commissioner's Monthly Award of Excellence may be presented every month and the Commissioner's Annual Award of Excellence may be presented once every calendar year. An employee does not have to receive the Monthly Award to be eligible for the Annual Award of Excellence.
- Award Recognition: Each individual who is nominated will receive a letter and certificate. Each monthly winner will receive one day off with pay and a plaque not to exceed a cost of fifty dollars ($50.00). If the monthly winner is an on-call employee, the on-call employee will receive a plaque, but not one day off with pay. The County Commissioner's Annual Award of Excellence Recipient will receive two (2) days off with pay and a plaque not to exceed a cost of one hundred dollars ($100.00). If the Annual Award of Excellence Recipient is an on-call employee, the on-call employee will receive a plaque, but not two (2) days off with pay. All awards will be presented before the County Commissioners. The County Commissioner's Annual Award of Excellence committee may recommend Annual Honorable Mention Recipients who may receive a plaque not to exceed a cost of fifty dollars ($50.00).
- Commissioner's Award of Excellence Committee: The committee is made up of two (2) representatives from each County union identified and appointed by the unions. The committee is also composed of two (2) Employee Advisory Team (EAT) representatives recommended by the EAT and appointed by the County Board, and one (1) County Board representative appointed by the County Commissioners. All representatives will be appointed by January 31st of each year and serve a term of two (2) years. If a committee member is unable to complete their term, another individual will be appointed to finish the term. Three consecutive non-excused absences or four total absences in a calendar year may result in termination from the Committee and notification to the respective bargaining unit and the Chair of the County Board. All committee meetings will be held on County time.
- Administration: The Lincoln-Lancaster County Human Resources Department will oversee the Commissioner's Award of Excellence Program. The County reserves the right to rescind this policy at any time. This program should not be interpreted as a negotiable item. The costs incurred to fund the day(s) off with pay will be charged to the employee's department budget. The costs incurred to purchase the plaques and awards and other expenditures will be charged to the Lincoln-Lancaster County Human Resources Department budget.
To view the full Resolution click here.