Become A Member
Membership in Leadership Link is a simple process! You don't have to pass a physical or fill out a long questionnaire. Simply complete the short application. The Member Relations Chair will submit your name to the Executive Board for formal approval and you will be contacted regarding membership benefits.
Any regular employee of the City of Lincoln or Lancaster County is eligible for full membership. Employees of First Choice Credit Union, Lincoln Electric System, and Lincoln Housing Authority, will also be eligible. Any such employee seeking membership must submit a completed application for membership to the Member Relations Committee.
To apply please fill out and submit this form: Membership Application
$20.00 one time initiation fee
$6.00 monthly payroll deduction
Leadership Link meetings are held once per month. Currently, we are holding all meetings virtually through Zoom due to the global pandemic. At a future date, we plan to resume in-person meetings and these are normally hosted at the Lincoln Lancaster County Health Department at 3131 "O" Street, in the lower level. We have a different speaker at each of our meetings and those are posted in advance on our Monthly Programs page.
Committee meetings are set by members of each of the six different committees. An information sheet describing the committee functions is available. Leadership Link encourages participation in committee activities in preparation for holding chapter office and future leadership roles. Don't wait to be asked! Feel free to get involved right away!
- Awards Committee - This committee is responsible for the promotion and solicitation of nominations for the following annual awards: Leadership Link Competency Growth; Kathy Smith Pinnacle; Manager of the Year; Customer Service; Teamwork and President's Award (No solicitations for this award, as it is selected by the President).
- Member Relations Committee - This committee is an excellent opportunity for members to become more acquainted with their peers. We need members to: (1) assist in taking money and handing out name badges at the monthly meetings; (2) work with the Program Committee in arranging monthly meeting locations and meals; (3) manage written correspondence with potential new members; and (4) assist in generating new ideas for special member promotions. Numerous forms and letters have been created so that editing and changing a few words and names is all that is needed. Correspondence with members can be routed via Interoffice Mail or E-Mail.
- Public Relations Committee - This committee is responsible for communicating to the membership all current routine and special Chapter activities.
- Program Committee - This committee is responsible for development of the monthly speaker programs. This includes identifying and retaining high-quality speakers. Committee members regularly have the opportunity to utilize and hone their creativity, networking and communication skills while planning and coordinating entertaining and thought provoking programs.
- Professional Development Committee - Professional Development activities involve surveying the membership to determine their prioritized interests and establishing NMA-supported programs in response. Development of special workshops and classes is an ongoing process. This committee also works with training departments in order to get the Continuing Educational Units needed for the training course.
- Community Services Committee - This Leadership Link group assumes responsibility for encouraging Chapter involvement in our community. Members look at different opportunities and events and take that information and their recommendations to the Executive Board. Once an event is selected for Chapter sponsorship, committee members may arrange for volunteers, time, money, etc. to help with the event.