Child Support Division
The Lancaster County Attorney’s Office Child Support Division operates to help fulfill the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services program goals “to ensure that children have the financial and medical support they need; to foster responsible behavior towards children and to emphasize that children need both parents involved in their lives.” Fulfilling this purpose may involve some or all of the following topics:
- Locating non-custodial parents
- Establishing paternity
- Establishing, modifying, and enforcing medical support
- Establishing, modifying, enforcing, and collecting support payments
The Lancaster County Attorney’s Office Child Support Division works with the following agencies:
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
- Nebraska District, County, and Juvenile Courts
- Nebraska Payment Center
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Nebraska Department of Revenue
- Nebraska Department of Labor
- Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles
- Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement
- Federal Parent Locator Service
- Sheriff's Office
- Child Support agencies in all states
- Credit Reporting Agencies
The Lancaster County Attorney’s Office Child Support Division (or authorized attorney) represents the State of Nebraska and the best interests of the child(ren). We do not represent the mother, father, or caretaker in any proceeding. No client/attorney relationship exists. We cannot represent you or give you legal advice. If you desire legal advice or assistance, you may contact a lawyer of your own choosing at any time.
Additional information on Nebraska Child Support Services (for this or another Nebraska County) may be found on the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services website.
If you have questions/concerns regarding your Lancaster County Child Support Case, please contact the Nebraska Child Support Customer Call Center at (402) 441-8715 or (877) 631-9973 (toll-free).