Visitation Schedules & Rules
Visiting Youth in Detention
Regular Visitation Schedule
Setup through Zoom
Wednesday 3:15 – 4:15PM
Saturday 12:30 – 1:30PM
Wednesday 5:30 – 6:30PM
Saturday 10:15 – 11:15AM
Wednesday 6:45 – 7:45PM
Saturday 9:00 – 10:00AM
For bus transportation see startran.lincoln.ne.gov
1. Visitation is open only to Parent / Legal Guardians and siblings as documented on the residents approved visitor list. Resident are limited to three (3) visitors unless prior approval has been obtained by Supervisory personnel.
2. Proper picture identification is required each time you visit. Proper picture identifications include, but are not limited to, state identification cards, federal identification cards, driver licenses, and school identification cards. Birth certificates may be a source of identification for children.
3. Siblings under eighteen (18) years of age and younger must be accompanied by their legal guardian, unless they can provide legal documentation indicating they are considered an adult by law, such as emancipation or marriage.
4. Arrive 10 to 30 minutes prior to the scheduled visiting time to visit. (Example: to visit at 7:30 p.m., you must arrive between 7:00 and 7:20 p.m.). Late arrivals (less than 10mins before the scheduled visit time) will not be allowed to visit.
5. It is expected that you will consent to a metal detector and pat search prior to entering the visitation room. Refusals will be denied visitation.
6. Secure all personal belongings in a front lobby locker. We allow nothing other than a front lobby locker. NO cell phones, mail, stamps, money, food, drink, drugs, games, books, purses, wallets, coats, keys, weapons, etc. **When entering with a baby, we allow 1 diaper, 1 bottle, 1 blanket and 1 pacifier.
The facility reserves the right to prosecute anyone attempting to or does bring contraband into the facility. Person(s) involved will have their visiting privileges revoked.
7. Alternative visitation may be scheduled through Supervisory personnel. Circumstances may include, but are not limited to, persons who must travel more than 150 miles to visit and cannot reasonably coincide with regular visiting hours, and/or residents who are of substantiated security risk.
8. Occasionally situations may arise in which the agency needs to curtail, postpone, modify, or deny visitations without notice. We apologize for the inconvenience.
9. A visitor or resident may terminate (end) a visit prior to the end time. A visit may also be terminated when a resident or visitor behaves in a manner that staff determines to be a safety risk, disruptive to others or the security of facility operations.
10. Visitation privileges may be suspended or permanently terminated when there is cause or evidence the visit will violate facility security or endanger the safety of juveniles, visitors, or staff.
11. Shirt, shorts/skirt/pants, and shoes are required. Inappropriate attire may include, but is not limited to, tight, sheer, revealing clothing (such as mid-drift and see through tops), any bottoms shorter than the middle thigh and zip up hoodies, coats and/or sweaters.
12. Parent / Legal guardians and siblings will maintain appropriate conversations and behaviors. Visitors will not be verbally abusive, disruptive, talk in excessively loud voices, use profanity, or participate in behaviors that might disturb others in the visiting room. Limited contact is allowed, a brief hug at the beginning and end of visitation is appropriate.
13. Visitors will leave the visiting room promptly at the conclusion of the visit. Visitors may leave the visiting room at any time, but they will not be allowed to return until the next scheduled day.
14. Visitors who violate visitation rules may be asked to leave the premises. Any visitor refusing to leave will be escorted off the property by local law enforcement.
15. The Lancaster County Youth Services Center is not responsible for any items lost, stolen, damaged and/or left behind.
For questions related to visitations please call our main number 402-441-7090 and ask to speak to a supervisor.
Visitation Cancellations - Inclement Weather
If a tornado watch or warning is issued for Lancaster County, the visitations that are scheduled to occur during that time will be suspended to ensure the safety of our visitors, residents, and staff. Please call the Center at 402-441-7090 for questions regarding the suspension of visitation times due to weather watches and warnings.
Special Visitation Schedule
Alternative visitation may be scheduled through supervisory personnel. Circumstances may include, but are not limited to, persons who must travel more than 150 miles to visit and cannot reasonably coincide with regular visiting hours, and/or residents who are a substantiated security risk. Unfortunately situations may arise in which the agency needs to curtail, postpone, modify or deny visitations without notice. Such situations include, but are not limited to: tornado watches, safety of residents’, staff, visitors, or the security, good order, physical or operational integrity of the facility. Termination of the visitation session may occur when a resident or visitor behaves in a manner that staff determines to be a safety risk, disruptive to others or the security of facility operations. Visitation privileges may be suspended or permanently terminated when there is cause or evidence the visit will violate facility security or endanger the safety of juveniles, visitors or staff.
Mailing Letters to Youth
Address the envelope to: LCYSC Attn: Youth's First and Last Name, 1200 Radcliff Street, Lincoln, NE 68512.