Military & Overseas Voters


Members of the Armed Forces and American Citizens who are overseas have several options regarding voting. Please visit the following links to learn more and download special registration and request forms:

Uniformed & Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act

Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) is a federal law requiring local election jurisdictions to make special efforts in providing Early Voting (Absentee) ballots to Military and Overseas American citizens.

Request Early Voting

UOCAVA eligible voters may request Early Voting (Absentee) ballots by:

  • Requesting the ballot in writing with a letter containing:
    1. Name
    2. Date of Birth
    3. Political Party Affiliation
    4. Address where the voter is registered to vote in Lancaster County
    5. Address where the ballot should be sent
    6. Signature
    7. Email address and/or phone number in case there is a question (not required)
  • Using the Federal Postcard Early Voting Application (FPCA)


All FPCA applications and written requests may be:

  • Faxed to 402-441-6379
  • Mailed to:
    Lancaster County Election Commissioner
    601 N 46th Street
    Lincoln, NE 68503

Tracking Your Military or Overseas Ballot

Check the status of your ballot by visiting the Federal Voting Assistance Program website. In order to do this you will need your voter identification number which was included in the instructions when you received your ballot and other materials. If you do not have your voter identification number, please contact the Lancaster County Election office to request your number.