Military & Overseas Voters
Members of the Armed Forces and American Citizens who are overseas have several options regarding voting. Please visit the following links to learn more and download special registration and request forms:
- Federal Postcard Early Voting Application (FPCA)
This is a link to the Federal Postcard Early Voting Application to be used by Military and Overseas Voters
- Federal Voting Assistance Program - The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) is a U.S. Government website which provides federal guidelines and information regarding Military and Overseas voting.
- Nebraska Secretary of State - Military Voters - The Nebraska Secretary of State's website provides important information for Military Voters.
- Nebraska Secretary of State - Overseas Voters - The Nebraska Secretary of State's website provides important voter information for Nebraska Citizens temporarily residing overseas.
Uniformed & Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act
Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) is a federal law requiring local election jurisdictions to make special efforts in providing Early Voting (Absentee) ballots to Military and Overseas American citizens.
Request Early Voting
UOCAVA eligible voters may request Early Voting (Absentee) ballots by:
- Requesting the ballot in writing with a letter containing:
- Date of Birth
- Political Party Affiliation
- Address where the voter is registered to vote in Lancaster County
- Address where the ballot should be sent
- Email address and/or phone number in case there is a question (not required)
- Using the Federal Postcard Early Voting Application (FPCA)
All FPCA applications and written requests may be:
- Faxed to 402-441-6379
- Mailed to:
Lancaster County Election Commissioner
601 N 46th Street
Lincoln, NE 68503
Tracking Your Military or Overseas Ballot
Check the status of your ballot by visiting the Federal Voting Assistance Program website. In order to do this you will need your voter identification number which was included in the instructions when you received your ballot and other materials. If you do not have your voter identification number, please contact Lancaster County Election office to request your number.