Mental Health Crisis Center
The mission of the Crisis Center is to provide custody, screening, emergency evaluation and crisis intervention to acutely mentally ill individuals, age 18 and older, who are detained under Nebraska Civil Commitment Statutes within Region V.
- To provide comprehensive medical/psychological examinations for clients within 36 hours of admission.
- To provide short-term intensive treatment to control clients' psychiatric symptomatology and stabilize current functioning allowing 75% of them to return to the community and avoid further inpatient care.
- To provide linkages with other mental health and substance abuse programs so that clients return to the community as rapidly as possible.
- Due to COVID-19 we are currently not allowing visitors in the building. Please call if you have questions. 402-441-8276
- How long do persons normally stay at the Crisis Center?
- Can I visit someone who is at the facility?
- Where is the Crisis Center located?
- Is smoking allowed?
- Who pays for a stay at the Crisis Center?
- How do I get my own records from a stay?