Mental Health Crisis Center
The mission of the Crisis Center is to provide custody, screening, emergency evaluation and crisis intervention to acutely mentally ill individuals, age 18 and older, who are detained under Nebraska Civil Commitment Statutes within Region V.
- To provide comprehensive medical/psychological examinations for clients within 36 hours of admission.
- To provide short-term intensive treatment to control clients' psychiatric symptomatology and stabilize current functioning allowing 75% of them to return to the community and avoid further inpatient care.
- To provide linkages with other mental health and substance abuse programs so that clients return to the community as rapidly as possible.
The Crisis Center is a great place to work as a Registered Nurse. Open the link below to see what incentives Lancaster County currently provides.
The Crisis Center is also looking for on-call Registered Nurses. Click here to APPLY now!
Also, the Crisis Center has an opening for a full time Mental Health Clinician. If you have a passion for human services, are a self-starter, and want to assist with solutions to various behavioral health problems apply here!
- We are currently allowing limited visits -- Wearing a mask is optional.
- How long do persons normally stay at the Crisis Center?
- Can I visit someone who is at the facility?
- Where is the Crisis Center located?
- Is smoking allowed?
- Who pays for a stay at the Crisis Center?
- How do I get my own records from a stay?
Access meeting times, agendas and minutes, and a list of members for the Mental Health Crisis Center Advisory Board.Link to page
View current and archived annual reports provided by the Mental Health Crisis Center.Link to page
Building Map (JPG)
View a map showing the Mental Health Crisis Center's location on the government campus.Link to page
The Crisis Center recruits qualified applicants to work as Mental Health Technicians. Find out how to apply for available positions, and view some FAQs regarding working at the Mental Health Crisis Center.Link to page
View photos of the Mental Health Crisis Center facility and its amenities.Link to page
Read a summary of the development of the Emergency Service of the Community Mental Health Center of Lancaster County.Link to page
The Crisis Center provides custody, screening, emergency evaluation, and crisis intervention to acutely mentally ill individuals, age 18 and older, who are detained under Nebraska Civil Commitment Statutes within Region V.Link to page
Strategic Plan (PDF)
Review the Mental Health Crisis Center Strategic Plan to learn more about our vision, goals, and the steps that we'll take to achieve those goals.Link to page