To apply for a liquor license, you must first contact the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission.
Complete the appropriate application form and return it to:
Nebraska Liquor Control Commission
P.O. Box 95046
Lincoln, NE 68509-5046
Establishments Outside of Incorporated City / Village Limits
If your establishment resides in Lancaster County, Nebraska, but outside of the incorporated limits of any city or village, your application will be forwarded to the Lancaster County Clerk for processing at the local level. A public hearing will be scheduled before the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners. You will be notified in writing of this date and you are encouraged to attend the hearing to discuss your application.
If the Board approves the application, a license will be issued once all State requirements (i.e, inspections, etc.) are met and all fees are paid.
County fees can be paid by debit/credit card at the time of application through the Liquor Control Commission or by debit/credit card or check at the time the license is issued by the County Clerk. To inquire about County fees, please contact 402-441-7484.
Additions / Deletions / Changes
Please contact the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission at 402-471-2571 if you have questions regarding such things as a(n):
- Addition/deletion to licensed premise
- Change of corporate officers
- Change of manager or location
- Stockholders or LLC members
Special Designated Licenses (SDLs)
- 2019 Application Due Dates (PDF)
- SDL Application Information - County
- SDL Application Information - State
Resolutions & Ordinances
- Procedures and Standards for Administrating Liquor License Applications in Lancaster County, Nebraska - Resolution R-19-0032 (PDF) (adopted on April 23, 2019)
- Hours of Operation for the Sale of Alcoholic Liquors in Lancaster County, Nebraska - Resolution 4870 (PDF) (adopted on June 2, 1992)
- Lancaster County, Nebraska, has not adopted a 2 a.m. ordinance. See a list of counties/cities that have such ordinance on file with the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission.
Liquor License Holders
See the current list of liquor license holders (PDF) in Lancaster County, Nebraska.
Responsible Hospitality Council (RHC)
Responsible Hospitality Council (RHC) is composed of individuals from diverse perspectives committed to the responsible sale and service of alcohol. The RHC promotes the sale, use, consumption, and service of alcoholic beverages and provides a vehicle for discussing common concerns and identifying creative solutions for problems that occur with the irresponsible alcohol service in our community and county.
If you have questions regarding the liquor license application process at the local level, please call the County Clerk's Office at 402-441-7484 or send an email to the Clerk's Office.
Other questions should be addressed to the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission at 402-471-2571.