Military Discharges

Veterans are encouraged to record their discharge papers with the County Clerk for safekeeping and proof of service for Veterans Administration Benefits. These records are filed as a courtesy to our veterans and there is no charge to file a DD Form 214 or for two certified copies of the record filed. If more than two copies are needed, a $1.50 fee per copy will be charged. Veterans can file their military discharge papers with our office at 555 South 10th Street, First Floor, Room 108.

Obtaining Copy of Military Discharge Record

If a copy of a military discharge record is needed, the veteran will need to provide his/her full name at time of enlistment and his/her serial number or a valid government issued identification. 

Military discharge records cannot be provided to relatives of the veteran, only to the veteran himself/herself. If the veteran is deceased, please provide name of City, County and State where the veteran resided and the discharge papers will be provided to the County Veterans Service Officer or the appropriate agency where they can be obtained by the individual making the request.