- D through M
- Election Commissioner
- Voter Registration
To register to vote in Nebraska you must:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age, or will be 18 years of age, on or before the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November
- Live in the State of Nebraska
- Have not been convicted of a felony, or if convicted it has been at least two years since completion of sentence including any parole term
- Have not been officially found to be mentally incompetent
Political Party Affiliation
If you wish to vote in both partisan and nonpartisan primary elections you must indicate a political party affiliation on the registration form. If you register without a political party affiliation (independent) you will receive only the nonpartisan ballots at a partisan primary election.
Change of Name or Address
If you have changed your name or your address you must complete a new voter registration application and return it to the Election Commissioner's office by the deadlines. Failure to complete a new voter registration application may delay you on at the polls on election day.
Please note deadlines when returning voter registration form to the Election Office.
- Mail-in and Online voter registration: must be post marked or completed on or before the third Friday preceding the election.
- In-person registration: before 6 p.m. on the second Friday preceding the election.
Ways to Register
Nebraska Online Voter Registration
If you have a current/valid Nebraska Driver's License or Nebraska State Identification Card you may register to vote using the Nebraska Online Voter Registration System.
Voter Registration Form
Open the Nebraska Voter Registration Form (PDF), complete the form on your computer and print it, or print the form and complete it by hand. You can also open the Spanish Voter Registration Form (PDF).
Lastly, sign the form and mail to the Election Office, located at:
601 N 46th Street
Lincoln, NE 68503
Mail-in Voter Registration
If you do not have a printer, please contact the Lancaster County Election Commissioner’s Office at 402-441-7311 during regular office hours to request that a voter registration form be mailed to you. Mail-in voter registration forms are also available at most post offices, banks, and libraries.
Once you complete and sign the form, please mail it to the Election Office, located at:
601 North 46th Street
Lincoln, NE 68503