Marriage licenses are issued during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You do not need to make an appointment. Evening hours are available by appointment only the first Thursday of the month from 4:30 to 5:45 p.m.
To schedule an appointment, contact us at 402-441-7484 or email the County Clerk's Office. Please allow 24 hours advanced notice for an appointment.
Please note: Marriage licenses can only be issued for ceremonies performed within the State of Nebraska.
Free parking is available in the public lot (accessible via 10th Street or K Street) located across the street north of the County-City Building. Parking passes are available at the County-City Building.
Getting a License
Call our Marriage Hotline at 402-441-8448 (in English) for detailed license information or see full marriage license requirements in English (PDF).
Both applicants need to apply together in person at the County Clerk's Office, located on the first floor of the County-City Building, 555 S 10th Street Room 108 (corner of 10th and K Streets) in Lincoln with the following:
- Guardian with a non-expired driver's license, State ID or passport (applicable only to 17 and 18 year-olds)
- Marriage License Application Worksheet (PDF) (One Per Couple)
- Minor Consent Form (PDF) (applicable only to 17 and 18 year-olds)
- A non-expired driver's license, State ID or passport
- Solicitud de Licencia de Matrimonio en Espanol (PDF) (Uno Por Pareja)
Fees & Payments
Marriage licenses are $25.
Certified copies are $9 each.
A certified copy of a marriage license is required for name changes and other legal purposes.
Payment can be made by cash, check or debit/credit card. Credit/debit cards will reflect a minimum service fee of $1 or 2.35% per transaction, whichever is larger.