- A through C
- County Clerk
- Marriage Licenses
The Clerk's Office will no longer accept mailed marriage license applications postmarked after February 10.
Prior to the solemnization of any marriage, a license shall be obtained from a county clerk in the State of Nebraska. The license may only be used for ceremonies performed anywhere in Nebraska. Marriage licenses must be used within one year from the date of issuance.
Marriage license requirements may be reviewed by calling our hotline at 402-441-8448.
Obtaining a Marriage License
When applying for a marriage license, both parties must appear together. The license will be issued to the couple upon application and payment of fees.
The Lancaster County Clerk’s Office is located at the County-City Building, 555 S. 10th Street, Room 108, Lincoln, NE. Office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
The following is needed to apply for a marriage license:
- Application Form: Applicants are required to provide full legal names, birthplaces, social security numbers (if applicable), parents’ names, including mothers’ maiden names, and parents’ birthplaces. If either applicant has been previously married, the date the marriage ended is also required. To complete the form in advance, click on the respective link below, fill in/print the form and bring it with you to the Clerk’s Office. The form can also be completed in the Clerk’s Office.
- Marriage License Application (PDF) (one per couple)
- Solicitud de Licencia de Matrimonio en Espanol (PDF) (Uno Por Pareja)
- Identification: A driver’s license, state ID card or passport for each person must be presented at the time of application. Identification must include a photo of the applicant. IDs must also be current and non-expired.
- Fee: The marriage license fee is $25. Certified copies are $9 each (required for name changes and other legal purposes). Payment can be made with cash, check or debit/credit card. Credit/debit cards have a minimum service fee of $1 or 2.25% per transaction, whichever is larger.
- Minor Consent Form (if applicable): The minimum age to marry in Nebraska without parental consent is 19. Individuals who are 17 or 18 may marry with consent of a parent or guardian. The required form is available through the following link.
- Minor Consent Form (PDF) (applicable only to 17 and 18 year-olds)