In response to the local COVID-19 situation, in order to minimize public and staff exposure, the Clerk’s Office will begin issuing marriage licenses by mail only as of Monday, March 30.
The Office will be closed to all other walk-in traffic until further notice. The Office will remain accessible to the public via telephone and email during normal business hours.
If you have questions or need additional information, call 402-441-7484 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Marriage licenses can only be issued for ceremonies performed within the State of Nebraska.
Getting a License
Call our Marriage Hotline at 402-441-8448 (in English) for detailed license information or see full marriage license requirements in English (PDF).
- Marriage License Application Instructions
- Marriage License Application (PDF) (One Per Couple)
- Minor Consent Form (PDF) (applicable only to 17 and 18 year-olds)
- A non-expired driver’s license, State ID or passport
- Solicitud de Licencia de Matrimonio en Espanol (PDF) (Uno Por Pareja)
Fees & Payments
Marriage licenses are $25.
Certified copies are $9 each.
A certified copy of a marriage license is required for name changes and other legal purposes.
Payment can be made by check or debit/credit card. Credit/debit cards will reflect a minimum service fee of $1 or 2.35% per transaction, whichever is larger.