Sunday, August 20, 1883, the Panama Precinct Church was organized and took place in the old Methodist Church near the southeast corner of Panama Cemetery. It was established by the Reverend Orville Compton, fourteen charter members, and a missionary named Reverend George T. Cressman.
The Church was renamed to the Panama Presbyterian Church in 1888, when the town of Panama was organized. In 1890 they moved from the old Methodist Church building, which was to old to use, to the United Brethren Church building. Then in 1898 the new church building was made. It was a large white building with a bell tower. The property was deeded to the church on August 11, 1899 when the one dollar payment was made to Henry and Alice Johnson.
Since that time the building has changed in appearance on the outside and the inside. The basement has been added, the upstairs enlarged, and changes in the bell tower have been made. How or when the bell was placed in the tower is still unknown.
The church is located at: 203 Pine Street Panama, NE 68419
Service starts Sundays at 9:30 a.m.
Sunday School occurs at 10:30 a.m.
If you have a question on groups, times, or just want information, please call Pastor Darin Bentzinger at 402-788-2847