An execution is a legal judgment handed down from the court. These may follow a civil judgment or a small claims judgment. One must file for the execution in the courts, and pay for its service with our Civil Division. The cost of service of an Execution is equal to that of normal paper service, but an execution may be used for levy on personal property to gain restitution on a monetary judgment. Levy fees are as follows:
- $1,000.00 - Execution deposit for levy on passenger vehicles or pickup trucks
- $2,000.00 - Execution deposit on oversized vehicles
- This amount covers the cost of towing and storage of the vehicle, as well as its advertisement for Sheriff Sale.
- $125 - Execution deposit for levy on real estate/Orders of Deliveries (depending on property).
- This amount covers the cost of levy and sale advertisement for sheriff sale.
- $25.00 - Writ of Restitution with no levy
- $150.00 - Writ of Restitution with levy for sale of mobile home
Some situations may vary and should be discussed and verified with the Civil Division Sergeant.