How is a protest filed?
  • File a protest electronically. You will need to create a MyInterLinc account with a unique user name and password. (MyInterLinc is the Lancaster County-City of Lincoln public login portal.)
  • Protest forms can also be obtained on the County Clerk’s website or by contacting the Lancaster County Clerk’s Office at 402-441-8724 or email the Clerk’s Office. Please note: If protesting multiple properties, a separate form must be filed for each parcel.
  • Forms can be mailed or delivered to the:
    Lancaster County Clerk
    555 S 10th Street
    Room 108
    Lincoln, NE 68508
    Office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, Monday through Friday.
  • Protests can also be faxed to the County Clerk at 402-441-8728 or emailed to the County Clerk.

Show All Answers

1. How are property values determined?
2. Why file a protest?
3. Is there a filing fee?
4. When can a protest be filed?
5. How is a protest filed?
6. How does one confirm that an electronic protest has been successfully filed?
7. What information should be included with the protest?
8. How do I submit additional information/supporting documentation?
9. What happens after a protest is filed?
10. Who are the referees?
11. Is a hearing required?
12. What dates and times are available for referee hearings?
13. Can a hearing be rescheduled?
14. How long does a hearing last?
15. Can someone else attend my referee hearing?
16. What happens after a referee hearing?
17. Can the County's final valuation be appealed?
18. What if the property has a pending TERC appeal?
19. What other options exist to have a property's valuation reviewed?
20. How much more will I pay in property tax if my valuation increases?