I cannot find my DD-214, Discharge from Service. Where can I go to get it?

If Discharge was recorded at the Lancaster County Clerk's Office, the Discharge can be obtained from their office. If the Veteran entered the service and returned to Nebraska, we can contact the State of Nebraska Department of Veterans Affairs for the Discharge. If none of the above work, an application must be made to the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, Missouri. 

Nebraska Department of Veterans' Affairs DD-214 Request: https://veterans.nebraska.gov/dd214

National Archives DD-214 Request: https://www.archives.gov/veterans

We are located at:
605 S 10th Street
Room 373
Lincoln, NE 68508

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Veterans Service Office?
2. Can I go to school on my GI Bill education benefit?
3. Does the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) offer a Small Business Loan to veterans?
4. Is there financial assistance available to veterans?
5. How do I apply for admission to the Veterans Home?
6. I need help with payment of my rent, utilities, and food. Is there anything your office can do?
7. I cannot find my DD-214, Discharge from Service. Where can I go to get it?
8. I need help with my medications; does the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) have a Medical Card?
9. I want to file a claim for Service Connected Compensation. What do I do?
10. My father/mother is now a patient in the nursing home. Medicaid says I have to apply for Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) Pension. What do I do?