How am I supposed to pay my child support while I am incarcerated?

While you are incarcerated, your obligation will continue to add up each month. If you are unable to make full payments as court ordered, the balance will accrue, and interest will apply to the arrearage. When you are released, you will need to begin making payments to the monthly support amount in addition to something towards the arrears balance. During your incarceration, we may garnish your employment income or inmate stipend if you have a source of income.

Show All Answers

1. Can I pay the custodial parent directly, without going through the Payment Center?
2. How am I supposed to pay my child support while I am incarcerated?
3. Where do I pay my monthly payment?
4. How do I check if any payments have been received on my case?
5. If my paycheck has child support withheld and I think it is too much, what do I do?
6. If the person responsible for paying child support doesn't pay, who will pay the support owed to me?
7. What agency sends my child support payment to me?
8. If the payor makes a child support payment, will I receive the entire amount paid?
9. What is a notice to withhold income?
10. What if I don’t want to pay my child support through income withholding from my paycheck?
11. Who do I call if I have information about the person responsible for making the child support payments?